Monday, June 20, 2011

Heb 2 Get up an keep going.

Verses that stood out to me today in Heb 2.
2:1  So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it.
2:10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring mhany children into glory.  And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.
2:11  ...Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father.

....don't wanna drift away
.....God made made everything for Himself
.....He chose the Father child relationship for me
....hmm Jesus was made a perfect leader through suffering
                I think I don't wanna be a leader because suffering sucks.
                If you've suffered, you're a leader in the making
                You and I can lead people to understanding this loving Father child relationship that so many people can't relate to.
....God is my Father, my Dad....he loves me, wants to step in and fix everything for me but instead leads me, hopes I'll make good choices and is there there for me when I don't, then he bends a knee and points me in the right directions again. When I get knocked down, he cheers me on to get back up and keep going.
My pastor shared Ps 37:24 this week. 
   The Lord directs the steps of the godly. (thats me cuz though I'm in process, He sees me as holy since I continually turn from things that distract me from Him, ask forgiveness and am letting Him change me.)
   He delights in every detail of their lives.
   Though they stumble, they will never fall,
   For the Lord holds them by the hand.  NLT
KJV says, Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down
....check out this video of  a runner named "Heather".  I wanna be like her when life knocks me down!
 http://www.youtube.com/embed/uqnqLrakxY8?rel=0"

1 comment:

  1. I love that video. Hebrews tells us to get up and keep going a couple of times. In the beginning where we are told not to neglect our salvation. It puts salvation in the realm of responsibility, not just a "gift we accept." We have a responsibility to protect our salvation, by heading the truth we have learned.

    Also, when it talks about Jesus having been tempted so that he can be a help to us. There is an expectation that we walk in righteousness and overcome in suffering and temptation because Jesus has gone before us. He can both identify with our plight while having equipped us to walk in victory.

    Great to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete